Ashtanga +Mysore Yoga
Mysore space is open Monday-Friday & Sunday
Membership options detailed below
Are you ready to deepen your practice?
Ashtanga is known as the Original Vinyasa. A traditional method of yoga, the intelligent sequencing of Ashtanga will transform both body & mind.
Mysore is the traditional method of a yoga practice, where students make their way through the series of postures while the teacher works with students individually. This method allows for students to dive deep into their practice, explore & break through limitations, & experience total mind-body transformation. This method also encourages a close teacher-student relationship.
Out of town guests welcome!
If you are traveling through the Madison Area and have an established Mysore Practice, please join us! Drop-In: $22
Email Kat at: email@example.com for details
Practice & all is coming!
We don't practice Ashtanga during moon days as it is a way to honor the rhythms of nature. Also, according to Indian astrological belief, it is not auspicious to do certain things on moon days. Our yoga practice is part of this lineage, & by not practicing we honor the moon days.
Mark your calendars!
3rd (mon) - new
17th (mon) - full
1st (tues) - new
16th (wed) - full
2nd (wed) - new
18th (fri) - full
1st (fri) - new
15th (fri) - full
29th (fri) - new
16th (mon) - full
30th (mon) - new
14th (tues) - full
28th (tues) - new
13th (wed) - full
28th (thur) - new
11th (tues) - full
26th (fri) - new
9th (fri) - full
26th (mon) - new
10th (mon) - full
25th (tues) - new
8th (tues) - full
23rd (wed) - new
7th (wed) - full
23rd (fri) - new
You are welcome at Monona Yoga Center!
• You must have an established Mysore practice, or prior approval by the director of Monona Yoga before attending Mysore.
• On your first day of practice at MYC please practice the primary series.
• Please respect and follow the traditional Ashtanga method as taught by the Ashtanga Yoga Institute and MYC. Please do not add, skip or in other ways deviate from the traditional Ashtanga sequence of yoga asanas unless you have exceptional circumstances or have been directed by your teacher to do so.
• Please take Sivasana with your feet towards the window, and your head towards the altar.
• Practice with care and consideration towards yourself and others. Please stay on your own mat and refrain from directing or assisting other practitioners, unless you have a prior agreement with them.
• Respect your limits. Acknowledge that your body and mind will feel different every day; listen to what your body tells you and practice in your own time following your own breath.
• Please refrain from unnecessary talking.
• Refrain from eating at least 2 hours prior to and 30 minutes after your practice. Drink plenty of water or coconut water after your practice.
• Personal hygiene is an integral part of practicing yoga. Please ensure that you and your gear are clean.